Fun Mode[edit | edit source]
Fun Mode is a new mode added by the mod that is active when the Emblem of Fun is in your inventory. Fun Mode causes bosses to gain new attacks, new enemies to spawn, and allows you to get Fun Mode-exclusive items (25 % drop).
Boss Mechanic Changes[edit | edit source]
The Eye of Cthulhu
- Creepy voice lines and audio clips from Five Nights At Freddy's play throughout the fight as EoC uses certain abilities
- Gains an ability that inflicts nearby players with the Puppet's Joy debuff for 5 seconds as the following voice line plays: "Seeing you powerless is like music to me"
- Gains an ability that inflicts nearby players with the Protection of the Puppet debuff for 5 seconds as the following voice line plays: "The others are under my protection"
- Gains an ability that inflicts nearby players with the Baby's Joy and Ichor debuffs for 5 seconds as the following voice line plays: "You won't die, but you'll wish you could"
- Gains an ability that inflicts nearby players with Obstructed, Distorted, Cursed, and Silenced for 3 seconds as the following voice line plays: "You won't die, but you'll wish you could"
- Gains an ability that inflicts nearby players with the Jumpscare debuff for 5 seconds while playing a scream audio clip
- Gains the Happy Bomb ability which summons a row of Happy Bomb that explode after a short delay. These bombs DO NOT damage tiles.
- Gains the ability to summon 4 Raven to help fight while in it's 2nd form. Each Raven has a 100% chance to drop Goodie Bag
- Gains the Eye of Cthulhu Spit ability that fires out a large volley of projectiles in a manner akin to a shotgun. Each spit projectile gives the Oozed Debuff for 4 seconds.
- Gains a dash attack where it lunges at you diagonally 3-5 times while in it's 2nd form.
- Contact damage inflicts the Poisoned and Salvia debuffs
- Gains the Slimenado ability which allows Slime King to make a giant tornado, similar to Duke Fishron's Cthulhunado ability, but without projectiles.
- Gains the Slime Spike ability which fires slime darts towards players.
- Gains the Slime Laser ability, a tile penetrating laser that makes a single clockwise rotation.
- Gains the Slimy Ball ability which allows it to rapidly summon Spiked Slimes 3 at a time as a projectile attack instead of summoning Blue Slimes regardless of difficulty setting. Spawn rate is much higher in Expert Mode and can quickly overwhelm unprepared players.
- Occasionally summons an Observer of ??? to closely follow you (not sure of it's purpose)
- Slime Guardian will spawn directly above you when King Slime spawns. Slime Guardian attacks by dashing through the player several times and by jumping high above the player then trying to land on them.
- A secondary boss, King's Shadow, joins the fight after Slime Guardian is defeated. As long as King's Shadow is alive, you will be affected by the 'Darkness of the Fear' debuff which makes the screen dark and severely reduces visibility. It's AI and move set is similar to an unmodded King Slime, but with the addition of 2 new attacks: slow moving Shadow Fireballs and fast moving Demon Sickle.
- All slimes inflict Slime and Oozed when dealing contact damage, King Slime inflicts Weak and Potion Sickness with contact damage, and King's Shadow inflicts Darkness with contact damage.
Item Drops[edit | edit source]
- King Slime gains a chance to drop Plastic Figure
- King's Shadow can drop Chaos Emerald and Pokeball (#778)
- Eye of Cthulhu gains a chance to drop Otherworldly Pickaxe, Senko-san Painting, and Suspicious looking bomb
- Eater of Worlds gains a chance to drop Pokeball (#200) and Antique Sword
- Brain of Cthulhu gains a chance to drop Baby and Masterball (#648)
- Skeletron gains a chance to drop Blue Crystal Shard, Dry Baby, Soul of Kindness
- Wall of Flesh gains a chance to drop The Sun and Torch of Hell
- Twins gain a chance to drop Pokeball (#66) and Antique Glasses
- Nightmare Eye of Cthulhu can drop Blessed Heart, Pokeball (#359), and Senko-san Painting
- The Destroyer gains a chance to drop Mechanical Leg, Rune of Jera, and Legendary Shovel
- Destroyer's Shadow can drop Rune of Jera
- Skeletron Prime gains a chance to drop Masterball (#385), Pokeball (#172), Soul of bravery, Soul of patience,
- Duke Fishron gains a chance to drop Concentrated Dream and Forgotten Doll
- Duke's Shadow can drop Four Dimentional Fishing Pole and Holographic Eye
- Plantera gains a chance to drop Lilly White Doll and Pokeball (#172)
- Plantera's Shadow can drop Orb of ???
- Golem gains a chance to drop How to build your Mechanic Lake Monster and Suspicious flying rock
- Lunatic Cultist gains a chance to drop Wand of the magikoopa, and Otherworldly wand
- Moon Lord gains a chance to drop Chaos Heart and Suspicious Looking Orb
- Slimy Chaotic watcher drops from Observer of ???
- Midget Effect Egg, Backup Flash Driver, and Cat Effect Egg have a low chance to be drop from any boss
Fun Mode Specific Debuffs[edit | edit source]
|Darkness of the Fear||The nightmares become reality||Indefinite while King's Shadow lives||Same effect as Darkness, but even less visibility.||King's Shadow|
|Puppet's Joy||You feel powerless||5 Seconds||Eye of Cthulhu|
|Protection of the Puppet||The enemies look stronger||5 Seconds||Eye of Cthulhu|
|Baby's Joy||You feel strange||5 Seconds||Unsure of exact effects. Pulls you downwards through solid blocks.||Eye of Cthulhu|
|Jumpscare||You feel frightened||5 Seconds||Eye of Cthulhu|
|Salvia||Disgusting||3 Seconds||Disables mount use||Eye of Cthulhu|
|Obstructed||You can't see!||3 Seconds||Entire screen turns black and nothing is visible except for glow effects.||Eye of Cthulhu|